Woolley Grange is an idyllic location for a family adventure. This award-winning hotel is only a stone’s throw from Bath, Longleat, the Cotswolds, Stonehenge and some gorgeous National Trust properties. But with so many things to do at Woolley, you may choose not to leave the grounds at all...
1. Follow the Woolley Sheep Trail. Great fun for little and big kids alike (and the little ones get to win a prize!)
2. Chill out in the Spa. With the steam room, sauna and indoor and outdoor pool. The views from the outdoor pool are stunning and the water's so warm and balmy you could be in the Caribbean…well, almost!
3. Indulge in a back massage, an Elemis facial or have your toes painted in pretty colours. Our Spa therapists are at your call…but best to book early as they are very popular! Younger person treats are also available.
4. Go pond netting. Nets are available in the lobby, but please read any notices by the pond…at certain times we mustn’t scare the newts or tadpoles!
5. Play games in the grounds. Great weather? Enjoy a game of croquet, boules, French cricket, football or mega-Connect4 on the front lawn. A bit less good? Sit by the fire and play a game of Cluedo or Scrabble, or curl up with a good book.
6. Eat, drink and be merry! Enjoy a glass of champagne or one of our delicious cocktails on the terrace, whilst your children make holiday friends, playing roly poly or hide and seek around the grounds. Enjoy family dining, or make it a date later in evening in our candlelit restaurant where Professional Masterchef quarter-finalist, Jethro Lawrence, will cook you a meal to remember. Let us do the baby-listening/ sitting or allow the children to enjoy our cinema club.
7. Enjoy free childcare. Relax whilst your child has a play in Woolley Bears Den. For every night booked at the hotel you can have two hours of complimentary childcare and there's a host of activities over the holidays, from sporty fun, to games and crafts. Something for every child to enjoy.
8. Book a session on the Woolley Summer Camp...from bonfire building and cooking, to towel art classes and dog training, there's something for all the older children and families to enjoy together.
9. Look for fairies in the Nature Garden. But ssshhh! They’re very shy.
10. Admire the produce in the our Victorian Walled Garden....even better, taste it in the restaurant (after the chefs have added their magic touch).
Photocredit: Hunters and Heels
11. Collect potions from the herb garden and mix them up in the White Witch's House
12. Be a farmer for the day. For all potential Farmer Giles’, sit on our vintage tractor and inspect the crops. Tempt Rosie the pig out of her sty or try to waddle like our comical Indian runner ducks.
13. Choose and collect your egg from Chicken House No 1. If you write your name on it, the chef will cook it for your breakfast. Best to ask one of the team first, so as not to offend the hens.
14. Have a go at gardening in the Good Life Garden. The gardening team always need an extra hand! If you fancy sowing and growing ask Eliza, our Head Gardener, for some seeds.
15. Animal lovers: bring your own dog (we welcome them!), say hello to Simon the rabbit, pet Rex the hotel dog, or camp out in the bird hide to spot animals of a wilder variety (binoculars provided).
And if you really want to bring back traditional family fun and ditch the phones, please ask Reception about our Digital Detox boxes. All will be revealed!