We never forget that parents need a little time out and pampering too, which is why we offer complimentary childcare in the Woolley Bears Den and a complimentary baby listening service, allowing grown ups to relax with a spa treatment, a candlelit dinner or some feet-up time reading the paper.
Offering a warm welcome to families isn’t just about providing bibs, cots and highchairs – though of course, we’re well stocked with the essentials. More importantly, we expect you to make yourselves at home and treat the hotel like your own family pile.
We want children to be curious, active and adventurous: explore our Good Life garden, go pond dipping, pet the rabbits and say hello to the chickens, make a splash in our indoor pool and summer outdoor pool (open May to September). In the holidays we also run a programme of staff-led fun activities for all the family (see below for activity timetable for this Autumn half term).
While we encourage and inspire you to spend precious time as a family, we never expect you to compromise on quality because you have children in tow. With 90 minutes of complimentary childcare for each day of your stay for children up to 8 years, and a free baby-listening system, you can take some well-deserved time as a couple, sipping champagne on the terrace or chilling out in the spa. Alternatively, let us know when booking, and we can organise a babysitter in your room.
On Sunday mornings there’s also the Children’s Breakfast Club from 8am, allowing you that much needed lie in, a quiet breakfast a deux or a relaxing spa treatment. Please pre-book with the Woolley Bears’ Den by 5pm on the Saturday. Please note that we need at least 4 children booked to run the breakfast club and it is available for children 18 months and older.
Here are just some of the things we do at Woolley Grange to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Woolley Grange, we like to make life easy for you.
- Baby monitoring and babysitting Enjoy a grown-up dinner date by taking advantage of our complimentary audio and visual child monitoring system, which lets you personally monitor your child from anywhere in the main hotel on a handheld device. Experienced babysitters can also be hired, subject to availability and pre-booking.
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to ensure your room is equipped with every item you need, including cots, nappy bins, changing mats and bottle warmers. We also offer a bottle cleaning and sterilising service. Please ask if there’s anything else you need. Around the hotel, you’ll find useful baby equipment, such as changing mats in our spa, and bibs in our restaurant.
- Baby bottles We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room, free of charge. Our chef is also happy to provide pureed food: just let us know a little in advance.
- Creche Babies from 12 weeks are welcome at our well-equipped, Ofsted-registered Woolley Bears' Den, with 90minutes of complimentary childcare on each day of your stay.
- Baby Breakfast Club If you book on our Baby’s First Stay Away break, we offer a Baby Breakfast Club on the Wednesday morning. This starts at 8am leaving you to enjoy a fabulous lie in, a civilised breakfast or a relaxing spa treatment.
- Baby’s First Swim Also as part of our Baby’s First Stay Away break on the Tuesday morning, a qualified baby swim instructor will guide you and your baby through your Baby’s First Swim lesson.
- Sensory Room Book a complimentary session in our sensory room. A calm but also stimulating space, especially good for babies with different lighting effects, infinity mirror, bubble tube, water play mat (good for tummy time), various musical experiences, ball pool, baby gym and wall toys.
To take a look at our double rooms and family suites, click here.
Having a fantastic toddler friendly holiday is possible – all you need to do is find a toddler friendly hotel. Thankfully, we’re dedicated to making your stay delightfully stress free.
- Children’s club Toddlers love spending time in our Woolley Bears’ Den, playing and doing craft activities. Whilst you head off for some precious adults-only time, they can enjoy up to 90minutes of complimentary childcare.
- Toddler equipment To make packing easy, we’ll liaise with you before arrival so that your room is stocked with everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
- Children’s dining Our Children’s High Tea is served at 5pm each day; a time when you can relax with a drink and nibbles. If you prefer to sit down together, family dining takes place from 6pm. Choose from a special younger ones’ menu, complete with parent favourites such as ‘hiding vegetable’ sauces.
- 'Time for you' Toddler break This break is especially designed for tired mums and dads. There's additional childcare on this two day break in the lovely Woolley Bears Den, a Toddler Breakfast Club on a Friday morning (allowing you that much needed lie-in), baby listening whilst you dine a deux and a luxurious spa treatment too. Take a look.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Woolley Grange, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Children’s menu Our older children’s menu features a wide range of age-appropriate dishes to tempt even the fussiest of eaters. Family dining is from 6pm in our restaurant, or if you’ve got hungry little ones, our children’s high tea is served from 5pm.
- Woolley Bears' Den Children up to 8 years old can spend up to 90minutes of complimentary childcare in our Oftsed-registered Den each day. As well as toys, games, and dressing up, there are daily activity sessions to take part in (please see schedule below).
- Hen House The Hen House provides a cool hangout for older children, with a pool table, air hockey and table football.
- Explore the grounds Children love the sense of freedom that our 14 acre gardens afford them. They can go den building in the woods, find the ducks, chickens and rabbits, bounce on the trampoline, play football or croquet and much much more.
To take a look at our suites and interconnecting rooms, perfect for families with older children, click here.