We never forget that parents need a little time out and pampering too, which is why we offer free childcare and children’s activities, meaning grown ups can relax with a spa treatment, a candlelit dinner or some feet-up time reading the paper.
Offering a warm welcome to families isn’t just about providing bibs, cots and highchairs – though of course, we’re well stocked with the essentials. More importantly, we expect you to make yourselves at home and treat our hotel like your own family pile.
We want children to be curious, active and adventurous: collect eggs (in the warmer months) from the ducks and chickens in Roald Dahl’s ‘Chicken House No 1’, explore our Good Life garden, get lost in the grass maze (summer months only), pet Simon the rabbit and make a splash in our indoor and outdoor pools (outdoor pool open May to September). Join us for Apple Day in October, when the children can take part in crushing the apples and making juice from the fruits of our orchard.
While we encourage and inspire you to spend precious time as a family, we never expect you to compromise on quality because you have children in tow. Turn the children over to our expert childcare team, or switch on the baby-listening system while you take some well-deserved time as a couple, sipping champagne on the terrace or chilling out in the spa.
Here are just some of the things we do at Woolley Grange to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Woolley Grange, we like to make life easy for you.
- Baby listening and babysitting Use our complimentary baby-listening system and enjoy a grown-up dinner date. If your child wakes up or makes a noise, the listening panel at reception will be immediately alerted. If you prefer, we can organise a babysitter – usually our own child care team. (Please note that there is an additional charge for the babysitting service – call us to discuss your requirements).
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to ensure your room is equipped with every item you need, including cots, nappy bins and bottle warmers. In addition to this, you’ll find useful baby equipment around the hotel, such as changing mats in our spa and bibs in our restaurant.
- Baby bottles We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room, free of charge. Our chef is also happy to provide pureed food: just let us know a little in advance.
- Creche Babies from 12 weeks are welcome at our well-equipped, Ofsted-registered Woolley Bears Den, with two hours of complimentary childcare on each day of your stay.
To take a look at our double rooms and family suites, click here.
Having a fantastic toddler friendly holiday is possible – all you need to do is find a toddler friendly hotel. Thankfully, we’re dedicated to making your stay delightfully stress free.
- Children’s club Toddlers love spending time in our Woolley Bears Den. While you head off for some precious adults-only time, they can enjoy up to two hours of complimentary childcare.
- Toddler equipment To make packing easy, we’ll liaise with you before arrival so that your room is stocked with everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
- Children’s dining Our Children’s High Tea is served at 5pm each day; a time when you can relax with a drink and nibbles. If you prefer to sit down together, family dining takes place from 6pm. Choose from a special younger ones’ menu, complete with parent favourites such as ‘hiding vegetable’ sauces.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Woolley Grange, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Children’s menu Our older children’s menu features a wide range of age-appropriate dishes to tempt even the fussiest of eaters. Family dining is from 6pm in our restaurant, or if you’ve got hungry little ones, our children’s high tea is served from 5pm.
- Woolley Bears Den Children up to 8 years old can spend two free hours in our Den each day. As well as toys, games, and dressing up, there are daily activity sessions to take part in.
- Hen House The Hen House provides a perfect escape for older children, with a pool table, computer games and wide screen TV.
To take a look at our suites and interconnecting rooms, perfect for families with older children, click here.